Are you currently offering in-office infusion treatment? The increased demand for new intravenous therapies is causing a rapid emergence of in-office infusion suites in several specialty disciplines such as rheumatology, neurology, immunology, and gastroenterology. Additionally, health insurers are pushing patients away from hospitals and towards in-office or home care settings as a way to reduce costs associated with hospital outpatient infusion treatment.It’s a perfect time to consider adding infusion to your practice.
There are two primary types of practices that can benefit from outsourcing infusion center management. The first, are practices that currently offer in-office infusion, managed internally by the practice, but are struggling to keep it viable. The second are practices that do not offer in-office infusion but are looking to offer it and don’t know where or how to start.
If you are a specialty practice dealing with a decent bandwidth of patients that need regular infusion treatments, consider the following questions before making the move to hiring an infusion center management vendor.
Self Managed In-Office Infusions
- Is your current administrative staff overwhelmed with infusion related tasks?
- How successful are you at getting reimbursed by insurance companies?
- Are you struggling to obtain authorizations and receive payment for new treatment options?
- Are you unclear on how to properly set up an infusion suite?
- Are you confused as to how to buy drugs and manage the pharmaceutical logistics?
- Are collections and denial management taking up a sizable chunk of your time?
- Do you already pay a billing company to manage your infusion billing?
- How long has it been since your payor contracts were reviewed and negotiated?
- Are you currently capturing your entire infusion population? Or are some patients being referred elsewhere due to various barriers or obstacles?
Referring Out Infusion Patients
- How many of your patients require infusion therapy?
- How much time is spent on pre-qualification paperwork?
- Do you spend time hunting down approved sites of care when referring out patients?
- Do you always receive follow up from the sites you refer your patients to?
Outsourced infusion management is capable of handling these concerns and more for both types of practices. Whether you’re hoping to open a successful in-office infusion center or need some relief from the pressures of managing one, outsourcing can help.
Learn more about third-party infusion management and schedule a free consultation to help decide whether outsourcing is right for you!